Saturday, May 15, 2010

OPERATUNITY - Day for the IRISH

Susan Boland - Cameron Barclay - Alex Wiltshire - John Cameron and Myself














Hi there, Well the tour is going well. So far we've played in: Taupo, Gisbourne, Hastings, Kapiti, Palmerston North, Wanganui, New Plymouth, Botony, Whangarei, Orewa, Mairangi Bay, Papakura, Avondale, and Invercargill, and it's been amazing.

Mosgiel Tomorrow ( 17th May) and Waimate tomorrow night. Timaru, Christchurch, Greymouth and finishing with 2 shows in Nelson.

A Day for the Irish has brought our audiences out in their green bits and pieces and the sing alongs have been magnificent. New Zealand Senior Citizens CAN SING!!! MAN THEY CAN SING.

Bang smack in the middle of the Auckland concerts, at home, I stepped back on what I thought was one step but was two, and fell to the ground only to break a bone in my foot. A wee challenge for the fiddler who can't stand still, but the shows must go on. (to my doctors disgust) Four to Six weeks in plaster - but I'm not allowed the real one on until after I've flown home.

I'm learning a whole lot about wheelchairs and crutches and finding muscles I never thought I had. I have a new appreciation of people who practically live in wheelchairs. You are amazing!!

will post some pics when I get back home.

See You.
Hop a long Burns. Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment